Thursday, May 3, 2012

Will It Ever Happen??

I'm starting to think this house building isn't going to happen!

I got my approval at the end of March, just a day after I submitted the paperwork and appraisal. I've been given the go ahead. I have the plans, the builder and almost all of the permits....wait, ALMOST all of the permits??

I'm waiting on one permit to build. I found out that the reason we haven't broken ground was because the house plans I have do not meet NC Building Codes. Are you freaking kidding me!!! So I have had to get permission from the designer of the plans to make the slight (and I mean SLIGHT) modifications to the house.

After waiting what seemed forever, I finally got the permission needed, and I forward it to my builder. And I am still waiting.  I kind of feel like I should have just bought a house and dealt with that rather than building one. Everyone said it would be fun...it hasn't been fun at all. It gets to the point I start to get excited and then squashed.

Excited moment #1 - went to Lowe's for a sidewalk sale. It was amazing. So many faucets and shower things. Bought about $400 worth of faucets and what not for the house (bought all I needed). I went home and checked the retail on all the items I got and it came out to a total of $1200....holy crap what a steal! Low moment....I picked up two faucets that I LOVED and went to buy them, they rang up as under investigation and I couldn't buy them. Come to find out, the items they were selling came from a recovery warehouse...basically the two faucets I was in love with, someone stole them and tried to return them for a profit. Awesome.

I'm just ready to have this over with and have a freaking house. I have been waiting with this process for over a year now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment