Friday, December 9, 2011

Cletus...the myth, the legend

First off, sorry for the delay. It's been a little busy. But thank's for the patience!

I mentioned "Cletus" in an earlier post (Knee Deep). Cletus and I have a love/hate relationship...I love to hate him! Cleatus is a big part of my life. Cletus shows up at times where he is not wanted. The first time I remember Cletus making a huge apperance was at my sister's wedding. He was obnoxious. He overstayed his welcome, if he even had one. He made my life miserable. By the way, Cletus is my fever blister. Strange, yes, I am.

As you can see, here he is, starting off. He always does this. He will start off just being this annoying bump on my lip. Usually, he hangs out on the lower lip, he isn't a big fan of the upper lip. Cletus has been in my life for as long as I can remember. My dad use to tease me all the time. He told me it was a kissing disease and that I was kissing too many boys (of course that embarrased me and I vowed never to show my face when Cletus came to visit). He was horrible, Cletus..not my dad. He started off as a bump, and then he got bigger and bigger, taking over half of my lip...I swear I could look down and see my lip BULGING!

After hanging out for a couple of days, he would start to turn into this scabby mess. As you can see in a recent picture, he is just hanging out. I know what Cletus is and what brings him on, sometimes. Sometimes it is out of the blue...like in this shot. He is so presistant and troublesome. I have a "Cletus Burts Bees" tube just for him (he has to have his own tube, I don't want him infecting my good tubes). I have tried everything under the sun. Everything I could think of to get rid of Cletus. There is nothing on the market to get rid of Cletus (maybe a prescription...but that's not for me). I have found one thing to help him go away faster. Abriva. Abriva is my new BFF. I have 3 Abriva's scattered. 1 tube in my bathroom, 1 at mom and dads and a pump Abriva in my purse. It is amazing....clears Cletus up in a couple of days (except for the time I got one Cletus and then another one right on top of the old Cletus...it was ugly).

As I said earlier, Cletus has shown up in all of the big moments so far. My sister's wedding, my recent trip to Mexico, numerous beach trips, cookie making day, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, New Years...you name it, Cletus has the t-shirt.
 Mexico...really Cletus....Mexico!
The people have been blured out for their own protection.

I know, I can't believe I just wrote about my fever blister, but hey, write what you know, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment