Monday, January 23, 2012

People Let Me Tell You 'Bout My Best Friend(s)...

Everyone has a best friend. No matter what, there is that one person you can always call and talk to. I'm lucky, I have two. Let me introduce you to my two best friends:

                                                                            Nick

And Suzie


I met these two while at JCC (local community college). We all had art history together. I became friends with Suzie first. We were introduced by a mutual classmate (i had another class with that person). The three of us would hang out and talk before and after class. This mutual classmate had a big crush on this surfer type youngin in art history and we were all introduced to Nick. The first time we all hung out was at Cracker Barrell when were suppose to be in class (that will be an ongoing theme for all of us the next couple of years). We all got along great and it was fun being around them.
We took day trips places and spent weekends at the beach and Spring Breaks. We would always cook out and hang out and nothing was ever dull (by the way, we ditched that mutual classmate...not enough time for that story). We were starting to round out the end of our days at JCC...Suzie left first to go to NCSU, then I left to work full time and then Nick left to go to ECU. No matter how far we went or who was where, we always made time to get some dinner and catch up.
Me and Suz at Morehead


Me and Nick at the beach (early friendship)
Suz, Nick and Me at the Jack Johnson concert!

Me and Suz at Ft. Macon

Nick at Ft. Macon

Suz and Nick at South of The Border


Nick, Me and Suz at the beach!



 








These 2 folks are the greatest friends ever.
Suzie got married a few years ago to Dave. Dave puts up with us. She works at NCSU and has 3 petchildren...Harvey the dog, Winston the cat and Barney the frog. We share common interest in TV shows and Ikea! I know that if I ever need to talk to her, I can text or call, no matter how later it is.

Nick just got married to his girlfriend Rachel and has enlisted in the United States Coast Guard and he leaves on February 14 of this year. I'm going to miss him a lot. He is like a little brother to me. I've seen him go through break ups and new girl friends; funny times and pissed off times. We are going to have a cook out for him  as a going away type deal...one last cook out!!

Now you have met my best friends :)



No comments:

Post a Comment